Summer 2012: BACK TO SCHOOL SPECIAL
SCHOOL: READY, SET, AND GO!
A school-readiness group for boys + girls
School can be exciting, but also overwhelming! This small group specifically focuses on helping your child prepare for first experiences in school through play, socialization and skill-based activities. Led by a developmental therapist and clinical school psychologist, the group will focus on:
• Learning school routines
• Transitioning between activities
• Listening to and following directions
• Playing with peers appropriately
• Developing self-advocacy skills to appropriately express needs in the classroom (ex: telling a teacher you need a sensory break)
Please pack a PEANUT FREE snack and/or lunch for your child so we can practice some “lunch bunch” social skills.
PARENT EDUCATION NIGHT INCLUDED
Learn how to:
• Successfully collaborate with teachers and administrators
• Create social-emotional goals for your child with the school
• Support your child’s transition into school